-
July 4th, 2005, 01:30 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Has anyone have experience on the quality and sound of this replacement diaphram? Specifically for a 604H and 604G?
How hard is it to change a diaphram?
Should I stick with original?
-
July 4th, 2005, 04:51 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Is the original damaged? If not why change it? I would not order anything new except from Bill at Great Plains Audio. If it does need changing it is not difficult but you need to be careful.
-
July 5th, 2005, 11:42 AM
#3
Inactive Member
I am getting ready to replace the diaphram in one of my 604G's. I should get it tomorrow or Thursday. When I spoke with Bill on the phone, he suggested I practice removing and replacing the old diaphram a few times before installing the new one. He also stressed being careful, as to not let the magnet pull the screwdriver into the works. I have borrowed a set of non-magnetic screwdrivers from a friend, so hopefully the process will go well.
As far as there being any difference in sound between the new one and the other one, I dont know. I am just doing what everyone suggested I do and went thru Bill at Great Plains.
-
July 5th, 2005, 12:15 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Hello,
I have here a titanium diaphragma that i bought included with a used 802-driver.
I didn't install that diaphragma, because the holes for the fixing pins are too large, so i cannot adjust the diaphragma right.
That is one more reason for me to buy a original dia by GP.
Best
Wolf
-
July 10th, 2005, 12:47 PM
#5
Inactive Member
As mentioned above, I replaced an injured diaphram in one of my 604G's yesterday and it went very well. Bill at Great Plains gives very good detailed (with pics) instructions that make it pretty simple, even for a 3 thumbed novice. THe suggestion of just be careful is warranted fer sure.
Finally, both speakers are performing beautifully and I am lovin it.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks